"During 2011, we purchased the existing Woodstock Hills wind farm and took ownership of our newly developed Winona County and Valley View projects," added John Mitola, President of Juhl Wind Inc. "Through these acquisitions, we have added $20.7 million of wind farm fixed assets. Our decision to become the owner and operator of these three wind farms is consistent with our stated plan that we will continue to add renewable assets to our balance sheet on an ongoing basis. We hope to make additional progress in this area in 2012 through our attempted acquisition of additional existing wind farms, or new projects that we plan to develop in the second half of the year. We wrapped up 2011 with excellent results represented by a combination of increased revenue and earnings, higher balance sheet cash and significantly greater assets."
Results for the twelve-month period ended December 31, 2011:
- Total revenue increased by approximately $9,310,000, or 148.5%, from approximately $6,268,000 for the year ended December 31, 2010, to approximately $15,578,000, for the year ended December 31, 2011. The increase in revenue over the year ended December 31, 2010 is primarily attributable to wind farm development fee revenue earned from five wind farm projects that completed construction and financing arrangements during 2011.
- Our operating income increased by approximately $7,634,000, or 278.0%, from an operating loss of approximately $2,746,000 for the year ended December 31, 2010 to operating income of approximately $4,888,000 for the year ended December 31, 2011. The increase in operating income for the year ended December 31, 2011 is primarily attributable to the increase in development fee revenue of $8,033,000 earned from the completion of five wind farm developments.
- Net income increased by approximately $4,842,000, or 269.0%, from a net loss of approximately $1,800,000 for the year ended December 31, 2010 to approximately $3,042,000 for the year ended December 31, 2011. The increase in net income over the period ended December 31, 2011 is largely attributable to the increase in revenue sources noted under revenue and operating income sections above.
- Basic and diluted net income per share of $0.12 per common share for 2011 compares to the ($0.10) loss per common share for 2010.
- As of December 31, 2011, the Company reported it held approximately $6.2 million in the form of cash accounts and short term investments, which includes approximately $382,000 in balances that are restricted by a debt covenant. Our liquidity position was significantly enhanced through generating $5.5 million in Cash flow from Operating Activities.
- During 2011, we made equity investments in three wind farms totaling 21.7 MW for a combined investment of approximately $2.3 million. We had not previously owned any wind farms prior to 2011.
About Juhl Wind Inc.
Juhl Wind is an established leader in Community Based Wind Power development and management, focused on wind farm projects throughout the United States and Canada. Juhl Wind pioneered Community-Based wind farms, developing the currently accepted financial, operational and legal structure providing local ownership of medium-to-large scale wind farms. To date, the Company has completed 21 wind farm projects totaling 195 MW and provides operations management and oversight across the portfolio. Juhl Wind services every aspect of wind farm development from full development and ownership, general consultation, construction management and system operations and maintenance. With its consolidation of the Valley View, Winona County and Woodstock Hills wind farms, the Company has now invested in and operates 21.7 MWs of wind power through its independent power producer ("IPP") subsidiary, Juhl Renewable Assets, Inc. Through its Juhl Renewable Energy Systems, Inc. ("JRES") and Next Generation Power Systems subsidiaries ("NextGen"), Juhl Wind also provides full sales and service to smaller, on-site wind and solar projects in addition to our larger Community Wind Farms. Juhl Wind is based in Pipestone, Minnesota and is traded on the OTCBB under the symbol "JUHL". Additional information is available at the Company's website at www.juhlwind.com or by calling 877-584-5946 (or 877-JUHLWIN).
Juhl Wind Investor Relations
Phone: (888) 438-JUHL (5845)
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
This news release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 including statements that reflect Juhl Wind's current expectations about its future results, performance, prospects and opportunities. Juhl Wind has tried to identify these forward-looking statements by using words and phrases such as "may," "will," "expects," "anticipates," "believes," "intends," "estimates," "plans," "should," "typical," "preliminary," "hope," or similar expressions. These forward-looking statements are based on information currently available to Juhl Wind and are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause Juhl Wind's actual results, performance, prospects or opportunities to differ materially from those expressed in, or implied by, these forward-looking statements and specifically those statements referring to the projects mentioned herein. New projects are subject to large, third party risks that may not be in control of Juhl Wind including the timing of funding and actual construction. These risks are referenced in Juhl Wind's current 10K or as may be described from time to time in Juhl Wind's subsequent SEC filings; and such factors as incorporated by reference.
Published at the Investorideas.com renewable energy newswire
Follow Investorideas.com on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Investorideas
Follow Investorideas.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Investorideas
Get Free investor news and stock alerts
Sign Up: http://www.investorideas.com/Resources/Newsletter.asp
Disclaimer /Disclosure: Disclaimer: Our sites do not make recommendations. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. We attempt to research thoroughly, but we offer no guarantees as to the accuracy of information presented. All Information relating to featured companies is sourced from public documents and/ or the company and is not the opinion of our web sites. This site is currently compensated by featured companies, news submissions and online advertising. More info: www.InvestorIdeas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp and disclosures: http://www.investorideas.com/About/News/Clientspecifics.asp . Investorideas.com was compensated one thousand five hundred to publish this news on the Investorideas.com newswire syndicated sites and blogs and email to subscribers by third party IR firm.
BC Residents and Investor Disclaimer : Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894